We will restore and convert the villa located at 116 Andrássy út into a boutique hotel. The villa was built in 1876-77, and at one point belonged to the family of industrialist Manfréd Weiss. At the turn of the century, it was known as one of Budapest’s major highlights: as legend has it, it had electric lighting five years before the British royal palace. In recent years the villa has become ripe for restoration.
During the 12-month-long full modernisation process, we will strip the building down to its basic structure, preserving and restoring the original facade and other architecturally valuable elements such as the wooden spiral staircase leading upstairs from the ground floor.
Following its restoration, the villa will be reopened as a boutique hotel. A seasonal café terrace in the garden patio, located on the Andrássy út side, will be open to hotel guests as well as the general public. As a boutique hotel, the restored building will once again take its place among the main attractions of Andrássy út, and will help boost high-end tourism in Budapest.
year of renewal